26.9 C
Islamabad
Monday, October 18, 2021

FAKE NEWS ALERT: TikTokers, YouTubers are not banned from entering public parks in Punjab!

LAHORE – Local news outlets on Sunday reported that Punjab Parks and Horticulture Authority has imposed a ban on the entry of TikTokers and YouTubers in all public parks in wake of the molestation and harassment incident that occurred at Greater Park on Independence Day.

Quoting sources, the reports claimed that the decision was taken in a meeting of PHA officials while it further added that PHA is also considering a ban on the entrance of more than two men in public parks.

Following the media reports, the Focal Person of Digital Media to the Punjab Chief Minister cleared the air on the statement. Mashwani, while retweeting a post of Geo News, termed it ‘fake news’.

“No such decision has been taken so far by provincial authorities however TikTok is currently banned in Pakistan”, he wrote in the recent tweet.

Furthermore, CM’s aide also spoke with a publication about the matter. He said that it is merely a suggestion by the Vice Chairman of Parks and Horticulture Authority and it requires a lot of approval from the other high officials. However, no other official from PHA or provincial authorities has commented on the matter till the filling of this report.

Other than Mashwani’s statement, a letter from Parks and Horticulture Authority Vice Chairman is circulated on social media owing to which many considered it as a ban on video content creators in public parks.

The letter reads “PHA has always facilitated recreational opportunities for the Lahore residents yet the incident recently happened the Greater Iqbal Park recently has shown the need of reforms in its policy”.

It further added, “We have planned to review the policy about the usage of such places by Youtubers and Tik Tokers. They will be taking permission and sharing the content of the video prior to any shoot from now onwards”.

“Only the approved persons and the approved content would be allowed to enter in the said park”, it concluded.

However, the letter didn’t mention the ban although the TikTokers or YouTubers need to take permission prior to shooting any content, it clarified.

The development came after a victim was groped and molested by around 400 men at Minar-e-Pakistan while she was allegedly shooting a video on Independence Day. The victim, in her statement, alleged that her clothes were torn by the crowd and she was tossed in the air, clips of the Lahore incident also stirred an outcry on social media.

As for now, law enforcers have apprehended around 130 people and ‘identified 40’ involved in the heinous incident.

Latest news
- Advertisement -spot_img
Related news